Monday, January 17, 2011

New Start for 1/8

Another new start for January.  I fell in love with this design when I first saw it. It's from the second edition of Spool and I think everyone in the Village is reading it.  But its not just for cross stitchers it for everyone that crafts with fibers including quilters.  It's eclectic and fun and I need to get another copy for a knitting friend of mine.  I'm not giving up my copy.


It's a bit hard to tell from this picture, but the little inset to the right shows the piece on a lavender background.  I really love the way the colors look on it so I went to my stash and believe it or not (lol) I have some fabric in just that color.  I have no idea why other than I love it, but there you are.  I obviously bought it some years ago because it is 32 count.  I haven't worked 2 over 2 for a while but it's true what they say, "it's like riding a bike.  You never really forget".  So it is going well.  Since I pulled from my stash instead of kitting it up with the Merchant Queen I'm working in DMC as that is what I have available here in the full color palette.  I don't think it looks too shabby.






I've gotten a fair amount done, but that is definitely more than one weekend's worth of work. Once I started it I couldn't put it down.  It must be an antidote to all the black and grey I'm working with.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment