Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New Start Saturday

The Merchant Queen has declared that in the month of January each Saturday shall be "New Start Saturday".  Those who feel inclined to start the year off with new projects should start a new one each Saturday, which means 5 new starts for 2011.  Many of the villagers have taken up this challenge in their own way.  Some are starting a traditional four starts, some are doing 5 to match the 5 Saturdays in this particular January, and of course the Bard has let the challenge fill her soul and come up with her own plan.  The Bard is exposed to many projects and wondrous ideas in her travels and quite a few touch her heart and make her wish to complete them in her own unique way.  But there just never seems to be time.  This challenge has inspired her to make the time and so she is combining all the projects in her heart and in her stash with the month of January and is starting a new project each day. 31 in all!  My heart skips a beat at the thought!

Meanwhile I had decided not to participate as my life is full of work and wedding sampler at the moment. But I too was inspired by the industry and the fervor of the Village hard at work starting amazing projects and sharing ideas.  So I have decided to start a new project each Saturday for the month of January.  Curse you, Merchant Queen, for being the purveyor of such amazing delights and all the supplies we need to create them!!!  LOL

So my start for January 1st is a new pattern from the Holiday issue of Just CrossStitch.  It's "Cedar Waxwin in Winter Hawthorne.





The background is tone on tone which I really like and this will go well with a needlepoint piece I inherited from my father's mother.  Due to the hastiness..ahem...suddenness of my choice to do this I decided to just work with DMC as the fiber because I knew I had it at home and it was easy to get to.  I did however work with the Merchant Queen to pick out the fabric which is Lakeside Linen's Maritime White in 40ct. 




Sorry the picture looks a bit dark, but you can kinda get the gist.  It's going to be stunning and way fun!  I'm glad I got sucked into this....I mean got inspired. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment